Search

Custom Search

Monday, July 24, 2006

I want my two dollars!

So I just had a realization today: In the last 8 years, the price of gasoline in New Jersey had gone up about two dollars or 300%. I know gas prices have been sky rocketing, but I guess it doesn't really sink in until you set a reasonable baseline in your life. How much were you paying for gas in 1998?

Am I glad I do not drive that Ford Bronco anymore.
These gas prices that are only likely to rise as China and the rest of the world industrializes and conflict continues to be so prevelant in the middle east. Maybe it is time for consideration of alternatives...

Well, at least fewer people are buying SUVs. Maybe our American Car companies will eventually catch on to the likes of Honda and Toyota.

(yes, I know the link to NJ gas prices only goes back to 2003, but it is still a pretty striking increase since then.)